We are hiring an Estimator/Sales Specialist. An Estimator/Sales specialist is our customers' knowledgeable/informative moving advisor, accurate/detailed estimator, and relational/attentive relationship manager. This role is responsible for the nurturing of our residential and commercial leads by being prompt, friendly, informative and relational to in-home estimates.
- Perform on-site walkthroughs/surveys with both commercial and residential customers.
- Answer moving related and logistical questions on the spot during these walkthroughs.
- Create detailed, accurate estimates that are reflective of the customer's requests.
- Be prompt in sending estimates and/or assigning estimates to be drafted and sent. Quick and constant communication with customers is of the essence.
- Lead inside sales meetings to make sure that outstanding quotes, customer requests, and opportunities are being attended to and are followed up.
- Generate your own leads through research, meeting with networking groups, and/or cold calling
- Give presentations to realty companies to generate new business
- Follow up on customer accounts via phone, e-mail, or in person visits.
- Communicate job details to crews assigned to jobs both through thorough, clear written documentation on customer's account as well as verbal communication with crews.
- Perform moves to gain in field experience for more accurate quoting and effective communication with crews.
- Enjoy interacting with new people—You will be meeting with new people every day. If you don’t enjoy making polite, professional conversation with strangers, this position is not for you.
- Detail oriented mindset—Our estimates, jobs, and scheduling, require detailed, thorough information to ensure both the customer and moving crews are on the same page.
- Quick to Action—Requests from both workers and customers should be handled with the utmost promptness and efficiency.
- Effective communication skills—You will communicate with both customers and workers frequently.
- Problem-solving abilities—Not all of our moves go exactly as planned. It will be your job to make sure customers are satisfied post-move.
- Can-Do/Flexible Attitude—Our workplace is a fast-paced business that is dedicated to growing. This means that you could be called on to work on the truck, in the warehouse, on the phones with customers or whatever is needed at that time for the company to succeed.
Compensation is dependent on candidate’s experience and current skill set.