helpful tips for your moving day
- Allow plenty of time to clean out or give away items you may not need
in your new home.
- Make sure everything is completely packed before your movers.
- Pack an overnight bag containing all the essentials.
- Secure boxes so that they closed without caving or bulging. Label what is in each box and be sure to add what room they’ll be going into.
- Pack plates vertically.
- If it looks like you will not be fully packed for the day of your move, please call us so that we can have a heads up and try to send some packing help so that your move can stay on schedule.
- Defrost your fridge at least 1 day prior to moving. All other appliances should be disconnected prior to your movers arriving. This includes water lanes, electrical hookups, etc.
- For Electronics: Take a picture of how your electronics are connected so you can remember where the wires go.
- IMPORTANT - Items valued at more than $100 per pound should be disclosed to your New Latitude representative; they will assist in making sure that you are properly insured.