Got questions? We've got answers.
Booking your move
- How far in advance should I book my move? We suggest scheduling your move at least 2 weeks in advance to ensure availability for your move date.
- Is there a booking fee? For all our moves we require a $1 booking fee to secure your date on the calendar. Lease Layovers have a $200 booking fee that covers all travel time and truck costs.
- How do you protect my furniture? We use a combination of stretch wrap and professional moving pads to help prevent dings and dents. In the truck, everything will be strapped in nice and snug.
- What is the process if anything is damaged? All moves come with a .60 cents/pound coverage, but we also offer additional protection plans. If anything is damaged during your move, please reach out to our customer service team and we will open a claim for you.
- What if it rains on my move day? As long as the weather is not severe, we will be comfortable continuing the job. We will, of course, do our best to keep everything nice and dry so your items don’t get soaked.
- What size trucks do you use? We use 16’ and 26’ box trucks. Based on the inventory, we will be able to determine the size and the number of trucks needed to complete your move.
- Are you licensed and insured? Absolutely we are!
- Do you move pianos? We can definitely move pianos. Just let us know beforehand so we can make sure we bring the proper tools and labor.
- Do your movers disassemble and assemble beds? As long as the bed frame is simple and easy to dismantle, we have no problem doing so. However, if the bed has a lot of nuts and bolts and requires extensive assembly, such as a platform bed, we ask that the customer have that disassembled and ready to go when the movers arrive. This is to ensure that we can save you money by saving you time on your move.
Payment and Billing
- What is your cancellation policy? If customer wishes to cancel a move, they must do so 7 days prior to scheduled move in order to avoid a cancellation fee.
- Can I reschedule my move? Yes! If your closing date changes, or just need to move a different day we'd be happy to accommodate as long as our availability allows. We do ask you to reschedule your move at least 48 hours in advance to avoid a rescheduling fee.
- What forms of payment do you accept? We accept check and all credit cards.
- When does your hourly rate start? The clock starts when we leave our warehouse and stops when we return. We have a 2-hour minimum, and after that we bill in 15-minute increments.
- When do I pay for my move? Hours are updated at the end of your move, and a mover will have you pay at the end of your move using our Mover's App with the card on file.
- How do I tip my movers? You can give the movers cash directly, or tip through the Mover's App when you are checking out on site. The tip amount selected will be dispersed evenly between the movers on your job.