Terms of Service
These are the terms all customers must agree to prior to booking.
- Furniture Pads: The customer is responsible for furniture pads when loading (Labor Only Jobs). One dozen (12) pads per 5’ of space is recommended.
- Right of Refusal: Movers may waive responsibility of any items they feel like they cannot move without damage to the item or its surroundings.
- End of Liability: Once the movers leave the job site, the liability of damage claims ends. You or your transportation company takes possession once the movers leave the job site.
- Exempt Items: Particle Board, Customer Packed Boxes, and loads/packs without the correct amount of pads are exempt from our liability.
- Final Payments: All final payments with a balance of $1000.00 or greater are subject to at 3.5% processing fee if paying by card. Final payments are due immediately upon completion of service. If final payment is not received with 30 days of service date, balance due will be subject to a Late Fee of $35 or 1% of the total balance, whichever is greater.
- New Latitude will NOT be responsible for damages/claims arising from customer packed boxes.
- Prior to the move, customers should take note of the condition of all items being moved. In the rare event of items being broken or damaged in transit, New Latitude Movers requires a previously noted condition in order to accurately restore or replace an item.
- All boxes must be completely closed and taped and weigh no more than 50 pounds.
- Box Policy: New Latitude Movers provides complimentary box kits to all customers with the purchase of a Lease Layover Package. Each box used will be charged as an item. Any boxes that are not used by you shall be returned to New Latitude Movers at Move-out. Failure to do so will result in the following charges per box: Book Box-$3, Medium Box-$4.50, XL Box- $8, Wardrobe Box-$14. This price will be applied to the final invoice. New Latitude Movers cannot guarantee the delivery of boxes if the move is not booked at least 10 days prior to the scheduled move date.
- Any dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of or relating in any way to Terms of Service including, without limitation, any dispute concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, enforceability, or breach of the Terms of Service shall be exclusively resolved by binding arbitration upon a Party’s submission of the dispute to arbitration. In the event of a dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of or relating in any way to the Terms of Service, the complaining Party shall notify the other Party in writing thereof. Within thirty (30) days of such notice, management level representatives of both Parties shall meet at an agreed location to attempt to resolve the dispute in good faith. Should the dispute not be resolved within thirty (30) days after such notice, the complaining Party shall seek remedies exclusively through arbitration.
- Any claim for loss, damage, or overcharge shall be in writing no later than thirty (30) days of delivery date.
- New Latitude Movers should be immediately notified of any claims and shall be given sixty (60) days to inspect alleged damage.
- New Latitude Movers liability shall not exceed the cost of repairing or replacing the property lost or damaged with materials of like kind and quality not exceeding the actual cash value of the property at time and place of loss, with due allowance for depreciation or deterioration howsoever caused.
- New Latitude Movers reserves the right to inspect and exercise right to repair before replacing any damaged items.
- Please note that all estimates are non-binding unless otherwise noted.
- Estimates are based on the information provided by the customer, and are for reference only. Actual charges will be based on the following factors depending on job type: time, weight of shipment, number of items, number of floors involved in move, and storage duration.
- Federal law requires licensed moving companies to provide minimum coverage of $.60/lb. In many cases, this is not sufficient coverage. In the rare event of damage occurring to an item, we encourage you to speak with your homeowner's/renter’s insurance provider, as many times your insurance policy covers you during your move. You may purchase additional coverage from the selections below. New Latitude Movers will repair damaged items to condition prior to move. In the event this is not feasible, New Latitude Movers will offer cash value/replacement of current depreciated value.
*PLEASE NOTE: OUR PROTECTION PLANS EXCLUDE COVERAGE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Jewelry, precious metals, cash, coins, or collectables.
- Particleboard furniture or any furniture that was assembled on-site is not intended to be moved while assembled
- Damages occurring to items due to natural disaster, including but not limited to hurricane, tornado, flooding, or fire.